Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Coming soon to a neighborhood near me...

I rode my bike into town after my Weight Watcher's Meeting (two lbs to go to goal weight btw) and dropped it off at the bike shop.  I blew another spoke one day last week and we have some bike outings planned so I wanted to get the spoke replaced as soon as possible.

To get in my hour of exercise for today, I then walked home.  I was a tad delayed but delightfully so.  There is a new place or two opening in my lovely little village on the Gulf.  I had a lovely visit with the owner of one, Dan Jenkin, and learned a bit about his new venture. 

Tarpon Tavern is set to open some time in mid June.  There is a fun courtyard under construction and the inside is going to be tres cool 30 craft beers on tap, a wine bar, food and live entertainment.  If you are a local or visiting in the Tampa area, you can get a hold of Dan at 727-945-1000 or on Facebook by "liking" Tarpon Tavern.  The Tavern is at 21 N Safford in Tarpon Springs. 

I'll update as the plans progress!  I love to support local businesses and this one is within walking distance for us as are most of the places we frequent and support. 

Some fun news also coming soon to my A Toast to Altered Art blog so stay tuned and, as always, thanks for reading my blog!

No comments: