Sunday, April 15, 2012

Greetings from the Cheeky Chics Scrapbook Retreat

I have completed six layouts since our arrival Friday at the Marina Cove Resort for the Spring Fling Cheeky Chics Scrapbook retreat on Friday. I hit the wall right after dinner last night but am ever hopeful my mojo will be waiting for me at our crop table when Janet and I get back from our walk this morning.

Here are the layouts I did complete. I think this one and the one above are my two favorites so far.
I have been wanting to scrap this photo of Landon and me taken last Jan. during a photo shoot done by Clare, Pam and Janet for the longest time.
When I printed this photo taken this past Easter of Colvin, it came out a bit washed out like it was an old print you might find in a grown ups baby album. I decided to go with what I had and scrap it "old fashioned" . Love these papers, btw.
I played around with some inky blotches in this one. I am not sure if I like the results or not. The inking is done on cellophane so I can easily remove the title and replace it without any damage to the layouts.
I adore the new beachy line from Creative Imaginations and had fun enhancing the paper fancy cut shells with the Pearlescent paints but feel this layout falls a bit short of what I was aiming for. Pilot error I am sure because I love these papers I got from Posh Scraps.

Janet and I are off for our morning walk soon. Hope your weekend is as much fun as mine has been so far.

2 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Especially love the Daddy & Me LO. Great cut out over the patterned paper. And the pearl trim is lovely.

Janet M said...

Love all of them. Your layouts turned out great this weekend.

My favorite one still is the one of Colvin and the Easter egg.