Sunday, June 03, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!

 We were having trouble deciding between two very nice restaurants to celebrate our 17th. Anniversary and ended up going to the one we have gone to for the past five years, Casa Ludivicio in Palm Harbor.  When we didn't get the same waitress we've always had, we asked after her and she had been moved to hostess.  We chatted and she actually remembered us as her 'anniversary' couple.

We had an amazing wine from Spain and each ordered an appetizer.  I have no clue what the name of mine was but I finished it off today for lunch.  E had the one directly below and it was filled with such good flavors.  We shared, of course.

 E went with the veal for his main course and the side of pasta was sprinkled with basil giving it that extra zing.
 I misunderstood the waiter (I have not been hearing very clearly with the sinus infection) and thought he said it was sweet black gnocci with sea scallops and shrimp.  Turns out he said squid ink gnocci .  I did get the shrimp and sea scallops part right.  Despite not being a squid, calamari, octopus, etc. fan, I found the meal very nice.

And here we are with our traditional Anniversary picture.

I am not a huge terrimisu (or however you spell it) but this was so light and heavenly, I may have to change my mind.  The restaurant provided this to us, which is always a nice gesture.

Tomorrow, I will put up some pics from the boys' b'day party...so cute!  And then E and I are on our quest for a new cell phone provider and new phones.  He'll get a pretty basic one and I am going semi hi tech.  I know everyone loves the I Phone but after Rob and I talked, he recommended something different for the way I use a cell.  Our current cell phone bill is more than our bundled cable, internet and land line and we can put that money to better use (like our upcoming trip to Aus and NZ).  Hope your weekend was a lovely one.

1 comment:

madelineas said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary to you both, you look great Jules and that food looks yummy
(((HUSG)))