Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 28 in Paradise

Posting from my tablet is not ideal but will give it a shot as long as we have an internet connec
tion.  Here is where we are staying...this is my 28th. year as an owner here at Estero Island Beach Club. 

 Our unit over looks the Gulf.
We arrived Sat. and, after unpacking, we headed to the Cottage down the beach for our traditional treat of a half order of beach bread, an order of bacon wrapped shrimp with a honey dip. Oh, an a coldbeer of course.



We quickly fell into our beach pattern...early coffee on our lanai, second cup on the pool deck over looking the Gulf, walk on the beach (I am up to about 4.5 miles) then back to our unit to change into swim suits and read the rest of the day.  Afternoons have been as lazy and we have taken to watching the afternoon storms move off the Gulf on our lanai with a glass of wine.  Lovely days

Sunday, we met my sister and her boysfriend, Dennis for drinks and snacks at Smokin' Oyster Bar and Tues we had them over for dinner.
Wed. I headed up to Owl and Pussycat for the stamp art demo day and who should I spy but Eileen and Diane from the gang back in Tarpon Springs  They were visiting relatives on Sanibel and loved the store.
Yesterday evening we had dinner with our old neighbors, Deb and Ed and it was fun to see how our old neighborhood has changed.  Tonight we are meeting up with Dewey and Karen at a lovely restaurant in Naples, Watermark Grill for dinner.

I have a lunch date with some old scrapping pals from Ft. Myers and Bonita and Sat. many of our St. Louis pals arrive along with the Grands and their folks. 

I will try to post again next week but who knows how long I'll have internet.  Happy Summer!


No comments: