Friday, March 28, 2014

Boat Ride Part I

About a year ago when E and I were getting  ready for our almost a month trip to Australia and New Zealand, I ran off pictures of the jumbo jet and the cruise boat and put them on the Grands' fridge at their house.  I did not want them to think we had left them forever.  When we returned, all the little guys wanted was our promise that we would take them on a big boat some day.  Yesterday was the day.

We took the 3 o'clock tour boat from the Spongeorama on the Sponge Docks.  We booked the two hour tour down the Anclote river, through a bayou or two and out to the south end of Anclote Key for some shelling. 


The day was cool but we came prepared.  The kids were able to see an osprey next with both parents in residence, the 100 year plus home that figured in the movie "Under the 12 Mile Reef" and our lighthouse.


Here are some of the shots of the Grands on our ride out to Anclote Key







I got a look at how the boys will look in grade school.  It is scary to me how fast time has gone by.  The twins will be 4 in June.




Part II tomorrow: shelling and singing joyously to reggae on the ride home.

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

What cute pictures! I'm glad I was wrong about guessing their age to be 5 this summer. You want to keep them little as long as you can. What a great trip. They'll love seeing LOs of them on the big boat!