Sunday, May 11, 2014

Playing Catch Up

A week ago last Friday, I headed out in a torrential downpour to join 3 gals I've known for eons in Orlando for a couple of days of fun and frolic.  We all met on the Creating Keepsakes message board about ten years (give or take a couple) ago and have stayed in touch even after the board closed. 

(L to R: Pam Gerdes, Joanne Arnable, me and Gail Hare).  Gail and Joanne are from the upper east coast and Pam resides in Canada.  The funny thing is that Gail used to live in my town long before I did. 

Pam had used some of her time share trade points and secured a lovely condo at the Marriot resort in Orlando, not far from Disney and the Gaylords Palm hotel and resort where a Scrapbook Expo was taking place.  The 3 gals had spent the greater part of the previous week having such a good time at Disney.  Wish I could have joined them but we do not have back up for the Grands.  The earliest I could leave was Friday.  And the weekend was such fun.

We hit Down town Disney for supper and shopping the evening of my arrival.  It is so different from my visit there a few years ago...and far to much shopping ops for this Nana. 

 My grandsons love Legos so these are for them.
And the princess is for our Baby Girl, Leighton.


And for Miss Minnie Mouse's greatest fan, Clare,

Despite the rain, we roamed and shopped until time for our dinner .




More for the twins.

Pam generously treated us to dinner at Raglan's.  The company, the food and the Irish dancers were wonderful. 


More later from the Gaylord's Palm hotel and resort where we spent the next day.


1 comment:

Pam said...

what a wonderful day :)