Thursday, August 13, 2015

Busy few days here in Paradise

As most of you know, E went into the hospital on Monday for his back surgery.  The previous week was spent getting tests done, meds changed, and 3 doctors signed off on the operation.  The surgery was more extensive than anticipated but the results should be awesome.  There was a piece of cartilage pressing on a nerve to his right leg which was removed along with assorted other protrusions.  The recovery is 6-8wks with rehab starting week after next.

Today is his second day home and the biggest challenge is keeping him down.  He wanted to go grocery shopping and I had to put my foot down.  1.  he is not suppose to drive for ten days  2.  he is not to lift anything over ten lbs. for at least 2 wks 3.  he can't get in or out of our compact car easily

So, when our friend, Bob, comes by later for a visit, I'll head up to the grocery store then swing by the hospital and pick up a jacket I left, then by Jo's condo to see if we left E's cane in the back of her car that we borrowed to get him home from the hospital yesterday.  Hope Bob is ready for a long chat...lol.

I do get a couple of hours here and there as he does take about 3 nice naps a day...bless those pain meds.  I also keep him out of the kitchen when I am cooking,  Kibitzing is not allowed.  I know lots of people get joy from preparing food but I am not one of them.  My idea of cooking is to either order out or prepare something that takes less than a half hour start to finish. 

Will post here and on facebook as to E's progress and thanks to all who have kept us both in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

Phew! Tired just reading this...lol. Hoping for great results with a full recovery by cruise time.