Saturday, April 29, 2006

Inspired

I played hookey yesterday from everything I should have been doing and created in my workroom almost the entire day.

I picked up a copy of Transparency Art by Stampington &Co. and came across a Slide Mount Frame by Denise Lombardozzi. I closed the book quickly before I could be influenced any more by her creation, headed up to the stamp store for the largest slide mounts I could find and went to work.

I played with inks, iridescent color dyes and some color washes before finding the right combination for what I wanted. This verigated patina was the result and I love it. I altered the colors on several silver hinges, printed out my five photos from my great grandmother to my daughter adding a bit more color to the photos, the more recent the person pictured. I dug out my stash of transparency stickers, bits of lace and other ephemera and began to layer for each photo. Once I had them arranged, I made sure that the view from front and back was equally pleasing and then sealed the frames.

I still have some work to do and will post the rest when I am finished.

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Love it! Very interesting looking and attractive! I'm always impressed with all your "altered" stuff and creative creations (okay so I need a vocabulary transplant right now). Very nice indeed!
Pam

:Jayne said...

I love this! The coloring is so perfect and the fact that you used 5 generations just tickles me.
It reminds me somewhat of the old frames they used to put the old pre paper pics in!
I soooo Love this!

:Jayne