Monday, November 27, 2006

Introducing Lucille

 
 
 
 


This is our newest Christmas deco addition. I fell in love with the citrus colored tinsel trees when I saw them at Michaels the first time. They are bright, festive and so very retro. When Kip came down a bit ago, she agreed to give the old front porch tree a good home, so we began the search for ornaments for Lucille. The retro colors were definately a challenge in the small size needed for Lucille but Kip and I found a few and Kristen and I found the rest the Wed. before Thanksgiving. Poor Lucille blew over once but she is not firmly duct taped to the table and will withstand the remainder of the season glowing brightly and standing proud! Welcome Lucille! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Lucille! So glad that you found enough ornaments to deck her out properly--every woman needs to be suitably attired, after all! Glad to see your decos and be encouraged by them (little by little we are making progress here...)
xoxo

katie said...

If "she" were here right now, I don't even think duct tape would hold her down--we are up to the knees in snow drifts and the wind is blowing about 25 mph--maybe more.
Could use some of your warmth here.
By the way, Lucille is quite pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Lucille!!! The deccorations remind me of our tree when I was a little girl. AAHHH, what great memories. I LOVE Lucille!!!!!!!!!!!

Mae

Doug Bagley said...

What a beautiful tree! And I don't even have mine up yet.

:Jayne said...

Oh those ornaments remind me of my trees when I was little! I even have a pinkish one still. Lucille is gorgeous!

:Jayne

Anonymous said...

beautiful tree!!! i showed my kids your pictures and they freaked about the warm winter weather! they said they would hate not having snow - i personally would love it! thanks for your comments on my blog!

Gwyn Calvetti said...

She is a little cutie! I'm just now starting to put a few things up.

Ruth.E said...

You name your tree? Oh what am I saying, of course you name your trees. Perhaps mine need names too, afterall I love them so much. Problem is once it is named how does it go back inside a box? Your tree is quite beautiful.
Ruth