Sunday, November 19, 2006

Kicking off the Holidays

This is last year's view of our front porch. The little tree in the left corner has seen better days and is being replaced with a replica of a 50/60s prelit tinsel tree that matches the green in the carpet. Today, when the Kipster arrives and, after we have nourished ourselves at some beach side restaurant, I am on a quest for the perfect retro ornaments for the tree. I saw a box of small ones at Home Goods that I think will work and want to find some others to mix in. Sure am glad we did well at yesterday's yard sale! lol

I have a couple of layouts I'll be putting up on Jules' Creations sometime this weekend. So mosey on over if you get a chance with my thanks.
I am too too fond of the Fancy Pants Biggest Board chipboards and have been addicting everyone (right Pam and Janet?).

We're off to St. Louis on the 6th. -11th. Cat sitter is in place and hopefully we'll have all the holiday stuff up by then. E has been bringing in box after box until our great rooms looks like a cardboard maze. I can't empty and place things faster than he can bring them in. He has to work from 6:45 am-1pm so maybe I'll have a chance to get caught up.

Did I mention how much I love my new bedroom spread, shams, curtains etc. It give the whole room a new look and has set us on a new road this holiday. We loved how totally different the new things made our room look, we have decided (with a few exceptions) to put lots of the holiday decos in new places too and see what the results are. Every year the tall beaded cone shaped trees got at the top of the steps and no ones sees them...this year, I'm thinking the front porch for these lucious creations.

Who knows, maybe I'll even do something different with me!

Kristen is talking about coming down early Wed. morning so she and I can play. Her hubby and Rob both have to work all day Wed, so they could car pool together. Rob, as usual, has to be back on Thurs. night as he has to be at work bright and early Friday morning.

Well, the holiday music is playing, the Christmas Island Village is up but not lit and I found most of my Noel candles from Crabtree and Evelyn so let the games begin! Posted by Picasa

No comments: