Saturday, April 21, 2007

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel





The POD is over half full and we still have a bit to go. The kids coming down this weekend really helped a bunch. We sent the good china and crystal home with them along with a couple of front porch plants and some of the candles I can't stand to throw away or burn.

As E and I were loading the POD early this morning we talked about the memories we have of this wonderful home we built together. Some of our best time were holidays (preferably Christmas and the pseudo competition with our wonderful neighbors Ed and Deb...Auntie Deb to The Boys), our annual patio party for the neighborhood, the night we had 17 of our friends spend the night before we left for our St. Louis Gang week on the beach, having the Cabana Girls visit at one time or another, watching the manatee off the dock at cocktail hour, the pre and post hurricane party with our first ever Fl. hurricane, the amazing pitch in attitude of our wonderful neighbors when Hurricane Charlie blew the tree down on the back of our house, spending great hours on the lanai, in the hot tub, on the patio, with our friends, E's amazing meals.

When I was talking to Kristen about these memories she said, "Mom, don't be sad. Think of all the memories you and Gene have yet to create in your new home". Out of the mouths of babes...right?

And I got some fun news today too....I've won a bunch of Hambly stuff for posting on the Hambly blog....and I have been that co.'s biggest fan since I first heard of them...and even more, I've been invited to extend my 6 mo. on the DT at Little Scrap Box!

Eight days and counting....

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Love the pod! What a great idea. Hope all the rest of the packing goes well and the move also. See you soon! You will be ripe for a few days of relaxation after all that!
Pam

Kip said...

geez, that kind of gave me a wierd feeling seeing that as I guess I know you're really moving! I will ALWAYS have wonderful memories of that house and yours and E graciousness in hosting me so many times and putting up with me. But Kristen is right, lots of new memories are to be made now up here and I can't wait to be part of it.

xxoo
Kip