I woke to E watching the horrific reports of the damage Dean is doing on its path. My heart goes out to these people whose lives have been changed forever. The damage we encountered in Ft. Myers from Charlie and the subsequent tropical storms is so minor compared to what these poor people and those who were harmed by Katrina as to be just a splinter.
The force and might of Nature makes all life's irritants pale by comparison. It certainly puts life in prospective doesn't it? Maybe it is time to recount my blessings.
1. I have a great family and we are there for each other.
2. I have my health and am able to participate in the activities that bring me pleasure
3. I have an amazing group of friends who are intelligent, funny, loving and creative who are both scrappers and non-scrappers.
4. We have a good income and still have the capacity to earn more if we need to.
5. I live exactly where I want to live and have enough of what I need.
6. I have the love of an amazing man and am the recipient of his bounty (man, can he cook)!
7. My children have grown up well and are fun to be with.
8. I live in a country where I can vote, go to school, have an opinion and travel where I want. It is not a perfect country but it is better than most.
9 I have access to the internet which keeps me in touch with friends near and far and allows me to share my life with them.
10. I enjoy each day as it comes.
Thanks to all of you who contribute to my blessings.