Thursday, August 23, 2007

Enjoying my second childhood!






They say men who go through a mid-life crisis usually buy a sports car...maybe this is my mid-life crisis although, technically, I am a bit past the mid life mark. I prefer to think of this recent purchase as E and my celebrating our second childhood! So let the party begin.

I drove the car home from the dealership with the top down, of course. Who cares that is is currently 94 out or that my hair ended up looking a bit like Maime Eisenhower's. It was fun and I sang loudly to the satellite radio all down 19 and waved at E (who was following in the van) often. I have to practice the top down wave you know. I'll ask the Kipster for lessons...she has it down pat.

Hummmming now: 'get outta my dreams and into my car!'

15 comments:

Mary B said...

Sweet!!!! It's a beauty. Does it have a name yet?

You deserve it, hon. Just one question. Who's Mamie Eisenhower? (JK!) :)

eljay716 said...

OMG it is too cute! you look wonderful in it. Now you and Kip can fight over who drives. Like Mar I can't wait to hear what you named her!

owensmith said...

Some people have all the luck!!! Enjoy your new toy!! I fiqured you for a bright red car person.
See you in Feb., which won't come soon enough.
Take care and don't break any speeding laws with that new toy.

Love ya,
Susie

JulesinParadise said...

Susie, the ruby red one was about 8,000 more...for that much money I'll settle for looking cute in silver! lol

Kip said...

You can drive! I love it! Very snazzy jazzy....you have car payments and I don't, you have........lol!!

Liz said...

Awesome congrats on the new toy..Who hoo

Michele L from Tampa said...

She is a beaut! Can not wait to see her in person and touch her. Smooches

:Jayne said...

Well aren't you the bees knees! Hey Mar, you remember Mamie, we read about her in History class! LOL!
Jules, you continue to be an inspiration. Love the new car! You and E will look marvelous dahling!

:J

Chris said...

awesome looking ride girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kath said...

LOVE it, Twinks - what a gwageous automobile you've got there! Yup - enjoying your second childhood, that's what it is. Go forth and rock your world!!!
Kath

Pam in Moncton said...

Oh very nice! You will look great in that no matter what happens to your hair! Fun!
Pam

madelineas said...

Jules just think of it as your "HOT MAMMA CAR" Good luck and enjoy it, don't worry about the hair.

crazydarla said...

Rock on lady! Won't you look HOT HOT HOT cruisin' down the road in that baby! Congrats!!!!!!

Darla

Ruth.E said...

Nice, very very nice!
Ruth

Kip said...

okay, so now that you have a new car, does it mean you quit blogging????