Thursday, February 07, 2008

AWOL







My friend, Sandy, and I have invented a lovely new tradition. About once a month or so, we declare ourselves AWOL from our daily lives, our creating or tasks and just do something fun! The last AWOl was a wonderful walk in a Bay side park and lunch out in Safety Harbor. This time, Sandy planned a day of pampering for us with spa day at the Aveda Institute in St. Pete, Fl.(www.avedaflorida.com). This is our luncheon out starting with lovely glasses of wine in a garden courtyard right off the street. The waitress was attentive without being intrusive and the food was fantastic. I had the seared salmon on ciabata bread with a light mayo of horseradish and cilantro. I must have been really hungry because I ate my lunch before I could think to take a picture. The architecture here was beautiful as you can see.

The massage at the spa was wonderful and, other than losing the car in the parking garage, the day was just what the doctor ordered: great company, delightful food, relaxing massage with a dash of shopping for good measure.

If you have any ideas what Sandy and I should do for our next AWOL day, please let me know...it is my turn to plan as Sandy has arranged the last two and hers were perfect!

I've put a shot of the Somerset article on my altered art blog if anyone would like a gander...my copy from Somerset came yesterday and I am so pleased with how the album was displayed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks awesome, Jules! Love that tradition!