Friday, May 02, 2008

It's Friday in Paradise



One of the many things I love about living where we do is our proximity to the river and the Gulf. I have been entranced with shrimp boats outlined against the sky since our earliest days in Ft. Myers when the kids were little and I would visit with my mom and step dad. There is just something about the seemingly tangled masts and lifts and nets that draws me. I can quench my thirst for this vista within five minutes which is wonderful for someone like me who is into instant gratification!

We're off to the airport to pick up Jill G today who is flying in for a day crop. We'll hit Ruban Rouge today (I have a coupon!)as I have to stock up on adhesives. E is fixing his infamous French Market meatloaf with the tomato gravy for us for supper. Bright and early, she and I will pick up the Kipster in St. Pete and head to Ruskin for the crop. Usually on National Scrapbook Day, I have either been teaching or helping with an on-line crop for some site...this year, it is all about me! lol. I am really going to enjoy just being a participant for a change.

My pictures are all run off in the sizes I want and I'll pick out the papers, etc. later and put them into kit bags so I have some direction to my scrapping chaos! Maybe I'll throw in a project just to keep things interesting.

Off and running....have a great day!

3 comments:

Mary B said...

Jill's coming to the crop, too? I'm so excited. Can't wait to see you guys. Smooches!!! (What time are you going to RR? I'm getting off early today.)

Robin said...

OH! I love this pic!!!!!

Sbing Arlene said...

Love the pic also! You do have an "eye" for capturing your subjects.