Thursday, July 31, 2008

The count down begins

We have two full days left here at the beach before we are homeward bound. I feel like I have been away forever. Hope my kitties remember their mama.

Today we are heading to the outlet mall. E needs some gold toe socks and I need some of my vneck white tees from Bass that I can not live without. Mostly, I sleep in them for comfort. We'll spend the rest of the day lounging by the pool and watching the surf which has been higher than usual lately.

We have my great niece spending tonight in our unit I think we are going to grill out, maybe play mini golf with her and/or take a walk down the beach for ice cream. Her mom promised me no nap for her today so the little night owl won't be up until the wee hours.

We talked to Rob yesterday and he says we have gotten so much rain at home that the pool is on the verge of overflowing. It seemed like just last week we were having to hand water the new plants in the lower lawn so they would not die on us.

The Demo day at Owl and the Pussycat was wonderful as always. The owner went over some things to do with alcohol inks and showed us some wonderful Halloween stamps in both rubber and acrylics. I did buy a few yards of the wonderful hand dyed ribbons from France that the owner has. I am thinking they will look wonderful on my Nana book should I ever finish that.

I saw a copy of the new Somerset Home mag and Di, you should have submitted one of your amazing aprons. The ones that were published, although lovely, had nothing on yours! And the owner of O&P had a doubled sided corset stamp that reminded me of yours!

I am really sorry to be missing the Hilltop Memories Fried Green Tomatoes Crop in Sebring Fl. this weekend (www.hilltopmemories.com) but know all the gals will have a ball. Take lots of pics all!

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation, Jules! Love the summery tunes on your playlist!

di said...

I must have been looking at a different submission guidelines - Belle Armoire - deadline is 8/15 - and I do believe I am submitting for that one. What the heck the worst that can happen is I don't hear anything.

JulesinParadise said...

Di, best of luck on your submission!