Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Our funky fun downtown


Our downtown is such a fun place to go. We have lots of antique stores, funky little restaurants with sidewalk cafes and an assortment of other shops lining the one main street and several side streets. The Greek deli has the best meats and it is like shopping with my grandmother long ago to go into that deli or the bakery up on Alt. 19 which also forms some of our downtown area.

The Pinellas Trail bisects the downtown and we get lots of weekend riders stopping at the bike shop across from the old train station and getting refreshments at one of the restaurants.

Today I rode 9 miles again and am a bit achy from this week's adventures. I am out of shape for sure but am bound and determined this time will be the time I lose this excess weight and keep it off!

I won't be riding tomorrow. I have a dr. apt. in the early morning to check on how the new high blood pressure pills are working (fine) and to get my osteo meds changed. The insurance company reclassified my osteo stuff and it doubled in price. There have to be cheaper ones available that will work as well.

In the afternoon, I am lunching with Sandy and Gloria at Gloria's house. I really am looking forward to seeing them again. I am taking a couple of my projects from my classes at CHA for show and tell! and Gloria's lunch last time was yummy so can't wait to see what she treats us to this time.

Off to run some errands and hoping to work in some scrap time. I have a project due for KnK before Sept. 1 and made great progress on it yesterday. Have to wait and see what today brings. Hope you have a great one!




5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh I love all these downtown pics! and love the new banner!!!!!!!!

Doug Bagley said...

I've not been to that part of Tampa. I love it! My wife and I will have to come over there and look around.

Pam in Moncton said...

Oh I just love looking at all your area! Hey I found something in PEI that made me think of you...bet you want to know what! You'll find out soon.
Pam

Kath said...

Thanks for the tour! I'm loving these pictures of Tarpon Springs. I've been there twice, but didn't do much more than the main drag. These are just gorgeous!!!

Cheryl said...

I used to own an Antique store in TS. It was on the little side street right across from that side of the Depot. It opened 9/5/01...as you can imagine it was NOT the best time to open a new store. The following week all heck broke loose and not many people wanted to spend money on OLD junk.

I do love the city though since I'm 50% Greek.