Saturday, November 08, 2008

Don't hate me because I own a Slice!







I have; I've used it; I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and, thanks to my pal, Janet D owner of Scrapbooks Etc. in Bonita Springs, Fla., I can work it! She walked me through the couple of steps necessary to operate it. She showed me a couple of quick tricks and I've been a Slice-ing fool ever since.

The first part of my class went well! We Glimmer Misted, painted with three different techniques, used All Purpose ink, applied gold paint and pearls and tuelle and velvet! And we have another hour or so tomorrow to finish up.

I did demos with Tim Holtz newest grungeboard shapes (Nature) and Glimmer Mist yesterday and then today have been demo'ing with the Glimmer Mist shapes, layering inks and Glimmer Mist and a little bling and the Glimmer Mist stencils with some layering of the various images in other ways. Having a blast 'addicting' the gals here at the crop! Gerri-anne, owner of KnKclub.com is the vendor for whom I teach and we loaded both my kit for the class and hers and have been having far too much demo'ing with the new products she brought.

I did find a wee bit of time to alter this dress form from Sunday International. I'll be hunting for a wee straw hat to finish off "m'lady" adding some ribbons and flowers.

Miss me a little! More later.

And please wish my friend, Twinks (Kath) and my friend Kelcey both happy happy b'days!

2 comments:

altar ego said...

Okay, I'm ignorant. What's a slice? Obviously it is a must-have, and it has wrapped you around it's mechanical pieces!
And I more than miss you a little!
xoxo

Kip said...

Looks wonderful! Did you pick up my slice too?