Monday, November 10, 2008

This is the best part of the weekend







hanging with my gal pals. One of these pictures shows Sonia (aka Sophia), Janet (owner of Scrapbooks Etc. of Bonita Springs, Fl.)and my dear friend, Barb putting up the grid work for Gerri-anne Duke's store at the crop. Once we got things pretty well set up, we turned the hanging of kits and product over to G-a and Sonia and headed with a gang of gals to Sunset Grill in Sebring. While the wait was far too long, we were compensated with complimentary drinks at Kelcey's birthday dinner the next night when Roz, Kelcey, Ginni and I ducked out of the crop supper. And didn't we have fun with Thomas you guys?

Being with people like Barb, G-a, Sophia et al (not to leave out anyone and you each know who you are) is one of the two reasons I love going to weekend retreats. And the reason I am so looking forward to Winter Retreat this next January put on by THE best retreat/crop director there is in this state, Miss Linda (www.hilltopmemories.com). This coming retreat will be held in Oleano State Park the weekend of SuperBowl and will run Thurs- Sunday am. and I can't wait! LInda has a way of making each person at her retreat feel the whole crop has been arranged just for her and the food...drop the diet and just dig in...yummy!

The second reason I love going to retreats is the opportunity to teach. I was an English teacher for about 30 years and it is such a part of me. I miss sharing what I know but not teaching 5 hours a day 5 days a week...and, believe me, adults are so much more fun than the reluctant English students I had...lol.

The rest of the pictures are Sonia (our resident Elf at KnK) chatting online with Kip. Not having Kip at the crop was like not having Lucy and only Ethel or Stan without Laurel. And my pal Jill being AWOL...the drive was ten x longer without you, Roomie! And not a single hug from Linda the whole weekend...deprivation.

The four gals pictured are the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral Cuties as I have dubbed them. These four had me in stitches for most of the crop. And my Scrappy Daughter, Val, who reminded me that "This is not my problem" and " This too shall pass"...thanks hon!

I brought home some wonderful new play things from G-a's store and will be creating some things with them over the next few days. G-a has asked that I not post them until she can get them up in her store so WATCH THIS SPOT!

And to my new friend, Pam. Can't wait to learn those great techniques I saw on your amazing work. Call me soon!

2 comments:

Pam in Moncton said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Tell me does the Slice cut Grungeboard?
Pam

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

Oh that tray of drinks! Yummy!