Sunday, January 04, 2009

My sides hurt!






I didn't stop laughing from the time I picked up Kip until the moment I left her house this morning (ok...I slept a bit). This weekend was a non-crop crop...in other words, Hilltop did not officially sponsor the crop but Deb White made her lovely little church in Ruskin available to the Hilltop gals and Indian Linda had our crop space all set up in the fellowship hall...thanks, hon. And, since our Hilltop Linda is the best, it was a great non-crop crop. So glad Linda brought her traveling store as she had lots of goodies!

Kip and I have an innate knack for finding great local restaurants in places neither of us have ever been. This is not an easy task as she is a native (Floridian amongst other 'tribes'). But, once again, our homing in on gift didn't fail us. We drove by a couple of likely places for lunch but didn't feel the pull, ya know? And then we did...Ybor Grill! and the food was sooooooooooo good, we went back Sat. night for supper. We got such a wonderful surprise too...our dear G-a and Barb dropped in on their way home from a funeral back to Ft. Myers and ate with us.

I found a great blow up mattress at Wally World and, of course, Kip had to get one just like mine! lol. She had left the house w/o the stopper to hers but our new best friend, Jackie (JackFlash) loaned her one. The next day she got hers to match mine (and yes, she got the next model up)! When we made up our beds in the fellowship hall, I scattered Prima flowers on my pillow as I was lacking mints. Kip, not to be out done by me, carefully placed a package of French onion mix on hers. Hmmmmmmmm? Could this explain the crazed dreams, Kipper? lol

I actually got one project completed (will post in a couple of days), one partially done and one started. And I read about about 20 pages in my new paperback! Oh, and I laughed my ass off the whole weekend. These crops are not for the weak of heart or spirit! Believe me...but these women can not be beat! You know, the old adage is true...the cream does rise to the top...and Hilltop is the creme de la creme!

Be sure to check out my blog tomorrow. I had the good fortune to meet the neatest young lady at our crop. She came with her mom and she oozes talent. I'll let you be the judge...check out my blog tomorrow. And, prepare to be amazed! This young 'un could go far in scrapbook industry!

4 comments:

Roz said...

Glad to hear that you guys had fun. Can't wait until Winter Retreat! HUGS!!!!

Carla said...

Hey Jules...looks like you guys had a hoot of a time. Looks like alot of fun.
Hope you had a nice Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cathy, Let's Dance! said...

have blow up mattress, will travel - love it!

dawn said...

Sound like you guys had lots of fun (without me). Miss you. Hope I get to a crop soon, otherwise I'll see you on the cruise (you are going right?)