Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Twas the Last Day of August in 2010

And I started the day with my Weight Watchers check in. Down half a lb. which puts me back on track. I lost some ground last month with our two weeks at the beach, the visit with Pam, the trip to Chicago for CHA and then to St. Louis for my dad's funeral but looks like being back on the WW plan is paying off.

Weighing in with us yesterday in front of the church in Holiday where the meetings are held were two sand cranes. The one had to stand almost four feet tall and they were not afraid of humans at all. We all stood outside watching them for quite a while and I was able to get a couple of good shots.




I got some shopping done of last minute things for the trip and found a silvery short dress at Stein Mart that I could just not pass up. It can be worn by itself or over leggings or jeans. It was half price and a steal so it is going on the trip too!

Then it was off to Posh Scraps to meet up with the too cute and very talented Laura de la Rosa who designs for Graphic 45 paper company among others. She is teaching a wonderful class this Sat. up at Posh. She and I played show and tell on some of our projects our mutual friend, Deb White, had encouraged us to share. We were having so much fun that I forgot to get a single picture of us. Laura and I are going to collaborate on a Glimmer Mist class for some time in November at Posh. Can't wait.

E and I headed over to the kids' house around 5 to baby sit for the Twins. Kristen had open house and Chris had class. Before Chris left, he proudly showed up his pineapple, three years in the making. We have all been teasing him about this for a long time but now her has the last laugh!


The boys were really good for us; one fell asleep til right before his daddy got home and the other played for a bit and then took a nap on Nana's shoulder. We were having too much fun and, again, no pictures.

On our way out of the grocery store later that evening, the sunset caught my eye...the sky was so beautiful and magistic!


We're heading over to the kids again later this afternoon, E is going to paint the kids bathroom for them and I am going to soak up some more Nana time. Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments: