Friday, October 01, 2010

Day 7 at Sea and Day 8 Mykanos, Greece

We spent our first at sea day leisurely. We hit the pool deck, ate when we wanted and what we wanted (pretty light actually), read and washed out a few necessaries. That night was the first of our two formal nights. My honey was so dashing in his tux and could we find the pro photographer when we were done with diner...nope! I have a couple of pictures Jo took of us and that I took of them and will post those at a later date.

We arrived in Mykanos right as we were having breakfast the next morning on our balcony and we were facing the harbor even! It is a beautiful island that more than passed the litmus test. We four headed into town to walk the streets. Our goal was the famous white church and the windmills. Along the way, we got diverted by some shops along the quay and I fell in love with a beautiful piece of hand crafted jewelry that E bought me for Christmas.

The boys were ready to head back long before Jo and I so we had a girls' afternoon. We roamed the back streets off the main part of town and got a good glimpse at how the people who live there really live. I was delighted at how many people recognized my town of Tarpon Springs here in Florida but many of our Greeks who settled here are from Santorini or Mykanos or islands nearby. Jo and I spent a bit of time looking for windmills for our charm bracelets and were successful at the last shop we visited. I'll post a pic when I find a bracelet to put them on. i was going to add them to my other charm bracelet but have decided these need one of their own.

It was back to the ship for supper and balcony time watching the lights twinkle on on Mykanos. We pulled out of the harbor around nine and sailed on...







I am off to a weekend crop and am not sure if there is internet or not. If this is still up tomorrow, you'll know! Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Janet M said...

Wow this looks like a great place to visit, love the pictures of the city.
So when are you going to go back again to all these wonderful places?