Sunday, June 05, 2011

Home is where the heart is

and my heart is home along with the rest of my assorted body parts.

This past Friday, Nick and Kay and I met up with my aunt, Mary, my uncle Mike, and our friends, Steve and Dee Dee who are coming for a visit in just a couple of weeks. We met up at Rizzo's, had some snacks and drinks and enjoyed each others' company.



Yesterday, Kay took me out on their pontoon boat for a nice ride around the lake. Unfortunately, the boat over heated and we had to be towed back to their dock...oh well, it was a fun ride anyway.

We all got cleaned up and went to Cedar Lake Cellars, a fairly new and very lovely, winery near their home. There was a great band playing,Crossfire . If you live in the St. Louis area, add this winery and this band to your winery hopping list...both are FIVE STARS!





Home now with one load of laundry in the washer and another still to go. Found a cute sundress for Kristen and two piece Cardinal outfits for the little guys for their b'day. We give them each a savings bond for their college fund, and E is hanging their bucket seat swings this coming Friday (their b'day). But we wanted them to have something from Nana and Papa to open at their party this coming Sunday.

E is fixing something wonderful for my welcome home dinner...pics to follow tomorrow. Hope you had a great weekend

1 comment:

Janet M said...

I'm sure everyone is happy that your back also . The boys are 1 now - wow that year went by fast .

I'll be catching up with you - I get back tonight.
You have some great pictures of your visit on the blog . Looks like some perfect weather up there .