Thursday, June 21, 2012

A couple of new layouts and a GREAT FIND

 It's summer and I get to crop every Wed. now with the gals at Posh Scraps in Palm Harbor, Fl.  We have been doing our Wed. crops for at least two years now and, when we are not watching the kids on Wed. during the school year, I get to play too.  I had such fun with this one layering and cutting and using some die cuts.  It is lighter than this IRL. 
 The word you can hardly see is "Happy".  I used a lot of the transparent die cuts from the same paper line for this one and could not resist putting the big glasses one on Leighton...lol.
 This brings me to my GREAT FIND.  As you may know, my beloved Blackberry phone (beloved because I knew how to get it to do the things I wanted it to) got shorted out a couple of weeks ago when I got caught in a torrential downpour.  The nylon jacket I had taken along did nothing to keep either me or the phone dry.  Since it was close to my birthday, E gave me a new phone and, while I do love it as it is faster than a speeding bullet (hmmmmmmmm Maybe I should call it Superman...or better yet, Clark Kent), I am a bit over my head in all it can do.  Off to get lessons from our near by expert, son Rob.

Because I feel the need to carry a cell phone with me when I walk for safety reasons and, not wanting a repeat of the phone disaster of 2012 (as it shall henceforth be known), I headed to the boat and diving store near our house. "What do you have that will hold my cell phone and keep it dry?", I asked the gentleman who made the mistake of saying how could he help me. 
 A half hour later, I walked out of the store with this Plano Guide Series "Dri-Loc: thingy that is waterproof up to 30 min. at 1 meter.  Now for the really cool part, it holds both my new smarty pants phone but my Sony Cyber Shot too).  The price at 9.99 was the icing on the cake. 
The downside is that it is too heavy to hang from neck and too bulky to carry in my walking shorts pocket.  I'll figure out something but meanwhile, I am hand carrying it when it threatens rain and I want to walk.

Hope everyone is having a great week.  I had a fun class today at Posh and a beginners class to teach for the next 3 Sat. mornings.

No comments: