Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day Five in Paradise South

,
 My morning walk today took me down Estero Blvd and over the bridge, down a road almost to Parrot Key restaurant.  Now, for those of you who don't know me well, crossing this bridge which is high, spanning the Back Bay was an extreme act of bravery on my part.  I have a height problem that developed out of the blue about ten years ago.  My dear friend, Janet Miller, has seen my problem first hand when she and I took a walk that led us over a bridge last Fall.  She has no fear of heights and is, therefore, my hero.  I not only swallowed my fear and walked across the bridge but I also managed to stop the shakes enough to get these pics.


The photo above is of one of our old favorite local hangouts, Bonita Bills.  We've never not had fun there and it is the 'home' to lots of the boat people and other assorted locals.

I had a wonderful day today surprising old acquaintances and friends.  Regina, owner of Owl and Pussycat Stamp Art Store in Ft. Myers, is one of the most talented artists I know.  Today and every Wed. is demo day.  I love learning from her and today was no exception.  I left the store with lots of new goodies and tons of inspiration.

My next stop was down the road a bit to Scrapbooks Etc. in Bonita Springs.  I first met the owners, Janet and her daughter, Colleen, when I moved to Ft. Myers in 2001.  Her then tiny store was located next to a video store and I felt so at home at her store.  They have moved the store and have a lovely one on Bonita Beach Road.  No visit to our time share is complete w/o a visit to the store and a good visit with Janet and Colleen.

Hope your day is a good one.

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

Can't wait to hear more about the demo at The O&P shop. Bravo on the bridge crossing.