Saturday, November 03, 2012

Catching up...

Thursday night was the Grape Escape fund raiser for the local YMCA and this is one of the highlights of the season here in North Pinellas County.  It is held at the beautiful Earthscapes Garden Room in Palm Harbor Fl on Alt 19 and it is one of our favorite nurseries.  Here are just a few of the pictures from Thursday night...and talk about a small world.  One of my paper art students is the wife of one of Susie's favorite customers.  Fun to live in a small town!










The lady on the far right is Dorothy, the sister of our friend, Angie who is currently living in New Zealand.  Angie and Clare have plans to visit with each other this weekend.  Wish I were there! Oh, wait, we will be in just four short months! Yea.

I think I am finally on the road to recovery from this bronchitis etc. Yesterday I got a slice of pepperoni pizza from Queen's, down the shopping center from the new Posh Scraps and it actually tasted like pizza and not the stale dishcloth taste everything else lately has resembled.  I am currently six lbs under goal due to that interesting side effect and do plan on eating my way back up!  None of my clothes fit.

Yesterday was a busy busy day for us all.  It was Leigton Kaye's first birthday and I got a couple of cute pics of our sweetie on her special day.  I got to be the first one to wish her happy birthday and sing her the birthday song...poor little ears!



My son in law learned yesterday he will have to take two day classes next semester to continue his per suit of his electrical engineering class.  At first it looked like he was going to have to go onto nights, but his work is willing to work with his schedule, thank heavens.  We'll be assuming more of the child care for our GRANDS starting in Jan.  We do this willingly and with love.  We want Chris to graduate on time and anything we can do to help, we do.  This will entail changes in all our lives to an extent but change is good. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  We have a busy week ahead of us starting with Leighton's birthday party tomorrow afternoon, a tropical luau !
 

No comments: