Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A laugh a day...ok, tons of laughs a day...

Yesterday, Jo joined us for a long morning walk.  We headed to the Sponge Docks, back towards Spring Bayou and wandered the back streets of my little village til we found ourselves back on the Docks having breakfast at Hellas bakery.  Here are a view of the pictures I took on our hour plus brisk walk:

If you look very closely at the middle of the circle (called the manatee's footprint) you might catch a glimpse of one of the many manatee who come into the bayous during cold weather,
 
 Love this whimsical courtyard of a tiny set of apartments.
 I like this sign almost as much as my "Please Park Pretty"one from Captiva Island.
 A gated boat dock on the bayou. 

 Would love to know what this flower is...it has a soft but slightly waxy petal and no aroma that I could discern but then I do have this head cold STILL.
 We decided to "collect" some other signs down on the Sponge Docks and the surrounding streets


A boat had come in the day before and the spongers were selling their wares on  the dock side.

Pam and E cooked together last night and the meal was extraordinary, of course and what else?  I was the wine girl.  They fixed saltimbocca and risotta with onions and leeks.




Oh, and did I mention we had lunch at Miss Vickies on the Anclote River with Bill and Jo followed by girl shopping with jo in our historic downtown.

Here I am trying on hats for our upcoming Australia/New Zealand trip.  Clare is insisting I come with a hat.  Anyone want to vote on a favorite? lol




Happy Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Cheeky Chics said...

I *vote* for the one Jan Miller made you at the crop!!! Just sayin'.....

Lynne Forsythe said...

OH my Lord....had the hardest time posting here....

Looks like tons of fun was had by all!! And yup....you stumped me on the flower as I was a Florida landscaper for years....almost thinking it is some type of orchid. Sent your picture off to Florida Botanical Gardens to identification!!!

HAPPPPY TUESDAY my friend!!!

Janet M said...

I'm voting with Dee after all mine was also free, but go ahead spend your money if you want to.
Nice set of photos and dinner sounded wonderful

LyndaKay said...

Great pics.