Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ziggy Zaggy, Ziggy Zaggy Oi Oi Oi

Tarpon Springs hosted its first annual Octoberfest this weekend and it was such fun.  Dan Jenkins, owner of Tarpon Tavern, did an incredible job and, speaking for us, provided a great time for our city residents and visitors. 

We headed up last night for a light supper and ended up staying for quite a while listening to the ooopa music. 

 And while that was a wonderful evening, being wakened at 11:30 by our dear friend, Steve, to include us in the celebration of our beloved CARDINALS going to the World Series was the icing on the cake.

I did a long ride this morning through Zombie infested forests and trails (I wish I had know there was a 5K walk too...hey, Steve Schmidt, are you going to join me in this next year?), I came home, cleaned up and E and I headed into town to work our volunteer shift for the Octoberfest.  Thanks, Dan Jenkin, for letting us be a part of this soon to be renowned event in our town.  I took the money (after we all discovered that tapping was not my forte) and the brewmaster, E, did the pours.  People were fun, kind and so enjoying this event.



The food was tasty, the beer cold and the music fun...there is still time to head on down to Tarpon Tavern for the event...

No comments: